Chiefland Teen Remembered as Funny, Outgoing
CHIEFLAND - Loved ones of a young teen who died Thursday in Gainesville are remembering her as a popular and outgoing girl who loved to be social.
Brittany Hickman was someone who could brighten up even the worst days, says her family.
Police are still investigating the cause of Hickman's death. The 17-year-old was visiting her boyfriend in Gainesville when she died.
"She was my ride-or-die sister," older brother Corey Allmon said. "She had a good head on her shoulders. She wanted to be an ultra-sound tech."
Allmon said he was very close to his sister. The two told each other everything.
Hickman's biology teacher at Chiefland High School said Hickman always gave 100 percent to everything she did. She told TV 20 that the teen wanted everyone to be happy.
"She had a lot of friends," Jennifer Anderson said. "She wanted to do what was right and what's good."
The family will have a private service on Saturday at Hiers and Baxley Funeral Home.
- Chiefland Remembers Fallen Soldier
- Chiefland Teen Found Dead
- Daughter of Fallen Officer Remembers Her Father Six Years After His Death
- Was Your Roof Damaged By Tropical Storm Andrea?
- A Community Mourns The Death of Two Bradford High School Teens
- Teen Murder Update: Prosecution seeking Death Penalty for Michael Bargo
- Slain Tampa Teens Remembered By Graduating Classmates
- Anti-Death Penalty Supporters Remember Executed Man
- Homicide by Assault Charge for Teen in Ref Death
- Chiefland Hospital Approved