Columbia County Working on Balancing Ballot Mistake
LAKE CITY- 140 Columbia County voters were listed in the wrong district.
Of that number, 21 actually showed up and cast an early vote for the wrong County Commission and School Board races.
District 5 County Commission Candidate Scarlet Prisina says, "those that voted already have been identified as having the wrong ballot , have been identified, they've been notified and they have the option to come back to vote again on that race only or those two races that were off."
Supervisor of Elections, Liz Horne would not respond to TV20's requests for an interview.
At least 2 candidates said the problem can be traced back to new district boundaries.
All 140 voters involved will be issued new voter registration cards reflecting their correct district and address.
- NAACP Calls for the Resignation of Lake City Police Chief and City Manager
- Lake City Residents Waiting for Relief After Debby
- GRU Customers Look for Answers and Relief at City Commission Meeting
- With New Fiscal Year Approaching, City Leaders are Working to Budget Biomass Plant
- CHOICES Advisory Board Holds Special Meeting
- End of 2012 Atlantic Hurricane Season, Doesn't Mean an End to Recovery in Lake City
- Gainesville Elementary School Makes a Learning Opportunity of the Presidential Election
- Alachua County Commission Votes to Keep Archer Braid Trail Out of Haile Plantation
- County Commission Votes in Favor of Budget Cuts to Community Agency Partnership Program
- Inmate Escapes From Alachua County Work Release Center