Conversations Help Give Commissioners Feedback From Residents
ALACHUA COUNTY - Residents got the chance to act as County Commissioners during a Community Conversation event held at Freedome Community Center during the weekend of August 25.
This is the fourth held this year.
So far, 100 residents have attended.
Residents worked on putting a budget together and decided where to cut spending.
They were asked what can be done to improve Alachua County as well as providing solution to the issues facing the county.
Participants talked to TV 20 about how they enjoyed learning how county government works.
Officials with the County Commission say this was one way for them to get feedback from residents.
- Alachua County Commissioners voted to raise taxes. But will residents actually pay less?
- Alachua County Commissioners Cut $470,000 from Proposed ASO Budget
- Wells Fargo Celebrates Official Conversion From Wachovia
- Alachua County Resident Get's A Big Gift from the County
- Dixie County Residents Hope Traffic Changes Will Help Solve Problems at Dangerous Intersection
- Annexation Referendum Gets Mixed Review From Alachua County Residents
- Alachua County "Community Conversations" 2011
- Gun buy-back program in Marion County stirs conversation
- City Wants Your Feedback On Spending Millions Of Dollars
- Inglis Residents Demand Recall of Commissioner