Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Former Boy Scout Gives Away Kangaroo Cups
GAINESVILLE - A former Boy Scout made a very selfless choice when he decided to donate 100 free Kangaroo refillable cups.
Thursday, Jeremy Jones handed out 100 Roo cups to visitors of the St. Francis Emergency Shelter.
Jones was one of ten winners of Kangaroo's "What would you do with 100 Roo Cups" contest.
The former scout said he drives down the street, constantly wishing he could hand out water to those who are vulnerable to the hot sun.
The Roo Cup can be taken in to any Kangaroo store and refilled with a fountain or frozen drink for a quarter.
The distribution began at 10:00 Thursday morning.
Within an hour, all the cups had been given away.
- Gas Station Donations Lead to Crime Fighting Canine
- What Colors Do You Bleed? A Call Is Out to Gator Fans to Give Blood
- Girl Scouts Celebrate 100 years
- Boy Scout Camp Participants Arrested for Kidnapping
- Lake City BoyScout Works Toward World Record Food Drive
- Local Boy Scout Sends Care Packages to Troops Overseas
- Fans Watch as Former Gators Try to Impress Pro Scouts
- Protecting Your Home while You're Away for the Holiday
- Alachua County "C.O.P.s Unit" Gives Away Thanksgiving Meals
- Alachua County Gives Away Free Paint