Frye Found Guilty of Sexual Battery and Kidnapping
MARION COUNTY - After less than an hour of deliberation, Michael Allen Frye was found guilty of kidnapping and three counts of sexual battery with great force.
Frye showed no emotion as the verdict was read Wednesday.
He also betrayed no emtion earlier in the day as a medical examiner described the victim's injuries and as his initial interrogation with detectives played.
Toward the end of the video, Frye becomes visibly agitated, and states "I've never forced anybody. I never have and I never will."
He also told detectives that he doesn't "pick up girls and take them to my van. I'm working all the time."
Wednesday concluded the first of what will be multiple rape trials for Frye.
He is charged in three other sexual battery cases in Marion County.
His sentencing will be in six weeks.
- Convicted Rapist Michael Frye Faces Second Trial
- Jailhouse Interview with Michael Frye
- Lawyer Didn't Believe His Innocence Says Frye
- Marion County Convicted Rapist Michael Frye Sentenced to Life in Prison
- Two Duct Taped During Home Invasion
- Man Arrested For Sexual Battery of a Mentally Disabled Teen
- Two Charged with Sexual Battery Against 13-Year-Old
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Lieutenant Arrested for Armed Sexual Battery
- Students React to Sexual Battery on UF's Campus
- UF Sexual Battery Update