Kids Kicking Cancer
GAINESVILLE - A class offered by the Shands Arts in Medicine Program is helping kids who have cancer, or other life-threatening illnesses, learn some of the concepts of martial arts.
In the class, called "Kids Kicking Cancer" children learned breathing techniques, which can often be helpful in times of pain during their stay at the hospital.
The class invites families to attend.
One parent in the class told us that it is hard to deal with the stressors of having a child who is struggling, but that staying optimistic is the best way to get through it all.
The instructor of the class also makes bedside visits for those children too sick to leave their room.
- Kids Kicking Cancer 2014
- "Breast Cancer Awareness Month" Kicks Off
- Concert Raises Money For Kids Cancer Group
- Summer Camp Reaches Out to Kids with Cancer
- Trail Life USA Kicks Off
- Safe Sleep Campaign Kicks Off
- Kids Helping Kids
- Stop Children's Cancer Raises Awareness for Pediatric Cancer
- Canned Goods Challenge Kicks Off
- Homecoming Week Kicks Off For Gator Nation