Kids Kicking Cancer
GAINESVILLE - A class offered by the Shands Arts in Medicine Program is helping kids who have cancer, or other life-threatening illnesses, learn some of the concepts of martial arts.
In the class, called "Kids Kicking Cancer" children learned breathing techniques, which can often be helpful in times of pain during their stay at the hospital.
The class invites families to attend.
One parent in the class told us that it is hard to deal with the stressors of having a child who is struggling, but that staying optimistic is the best way to get through it all.
The instructor of the class also makes bedside visits for those children too sick to leave their room.
- "Breast Cancer Awareness Month" Kicks Off
- Summer Camp Reaches Out to Kids with Cancer
- Poverty Challenge Kicks Off Monday
- GPD DOOR KICK INS ARRESTS
- Canned Goods Challenge Kicks Off
- Eastside High Marching Rams Kick Off School Year
- Homecoming Week Kicks Off For Gator Nation
- Students Kick Off Veterans Day Festivities One Day Early
- GatorNationals Kicks off Thursday
- Operation CarePak Kicks Off at Santa Fe College