Land Owner Pays To Remove Fallen Tree
MARION COUNTY - Crews began removing a giant tree Wednesday that had entrapped resdients in a Marion County neighborhood.
The removal was paid for by the owner of the land where the tree used to stand.
The giant tree fell over Tuesday afternoon, blocking southeast 38th Terrace, and leaving a group of residents stranded.
Some people who live in the area had to drive through the woods, across a railroad track and on private property to gain access to the road.
County officials had told residents that removing the tree was not their responsibility because the road it had fallen on was private.
- Man Donates Land to County for New Park
- Marion County Teachers Will Soon Get Pay Increase
- Marion County Certified Substitutes Get Pay Raise
- Honoring Fallen Soldiers and Veterans in Marion County
- Marion County remembers fallen officers
- Two teenagers in critical condition after a car accident in Marion County
- Marion County Pet Adoptions, Wednesday August 7, 2013
- Marion County Man Still Missing
- Residents Trapped By Giant Fallen Tree
- Local organizations plant trees in memory of fallen GPD officers