Land Owner Pays To Remove Fallen Tree
MARION COUNTY - Crews began removing a giant tree Wednesday that had entrapped resdients in a Marion County neighborhood.
The removal was paid for by the owner of the land where the tree used to stand.
The giant tree fell over Tuesday afternoon, blocking southeast 38th Terrace, and leaving a group of residents stranded.
Some people who live in the area had to drive through the woods, across a railroad track and on private property to gain access to the road.
County officials had told residents that removing the tree was not their responsibility because the road it had fallen on was private.
- Marion County Fallen Officer Memorial
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County
- Tattoo Removal: The Cost of Changing Your Mind
- Three Marion County Facilities Linked to Meningitis Outbreak
- Marion County Burn Ban
- String of Burglaries Hit Marion County
- Deadly Hit and Run Crash in Marion County Over the Weekend
- Marion County SWAT Team Wins Competition
- Semi Truck Crash in Marion County Leaves Driver Seriously Injured
- Marion County School District Penalized for Class Size Violation