Land Owner Pays To Remove Fallen Tree
MARION COUNTY - Crews began removing a giant tree Wednesday that had entrapped resdients in a Marion County neighborhood.
The removal was paid for by the owner of the land where the tree used to stand.
The giant tree fell over Tuesday afternoon, blocking southeast 38th Terrace, and leaving a group of residents stranded.
Some people who live in the area had to drive through the woods, across a railroad track and on private property to gain access to the road.
County officials had told residents that removing the tree was not their responsibility because the road it had fallen on was private.
- Marion County Fallen Officer Memorial
- Honoring Fallen Soldiers and Veterans in Marion County
- Marion County Pet Adoptions, Wednesday August 7, 2013
- Marion County Certified Substitutes Get Pay Raise
- Marion County Teachers Will Soon Get Pay Increase
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County
- Tattoo Removal: The Cost of Changing Your Mind
- Fallen Tree
- Residents Trapped By Giant Fallen Tree
- Three Marion County Facilities Linked to Meningitis Outbreak