Melrose Residents Voice Concerns about Urban Development
MELROSE- Land developer Jim Painter says he's made his intentions clear over the past year; he wants to develop the land into a neighborhood consisting of about 20 homes.
Current Alachua County policy for land outside the cluster permits one house per five acres.
If Melrose's rural cluster boundary were extended to Painter's property he would be able to build up to one house per half acre totaling 56 units on the land.
"The problem with that is I don't know if he has any residency here within the cluster," said Melrose Resident, Richard Blizzard "If he has a commercial interest here inside this cluster, if he has any other interest here inside this cluster other than trying to advance his own personal agenda of trying to get these lots to reduce from 5 acre lots down to half acre lots."
Tuesday night County Commissioners voted to have Painter pay the cost for the sub area plan.
- Archer Residents Voice their Concerns on the Archer Braid Trail
- Residents Concerned About City Rezoning Plans
- Cluster of Sinkholes in Suwannee County Leaves Man at the Mercy of FEMA
- High Springs Residents Voice Concerns At Meeting
- Gainesville Residents Voice Concerns at Cabot-Kopper Site Meeting
- Land Developer Awaits City Decision on University Corners Project
- UF Study Finds Designated Drivers Don't Always Spend the Night Sober
- Gainesville City Commissioners Approve $100K Streetcar Study
- Effectiveness of Negative Political Ads May be Weakening According to UF Study
- Residents Voice Opinions about Shands AGH Closing