One Year After FBI Raid of Gainesville Clinic and Still no Answers
GAINESVILLE- A year ago in June, the FBI raided Colosante Clinic in Northwest Gainesville, and confiscated medical and billing records.
14 months later, clinic director, Dr. Ona Colosante wants to know why is she allowed to still operate if she did something wrong.
X-ray technician at the clinic, Ernesto Martinez says, "I don't know how anyone can expect you to practice medicine without charts, it would be like me takin g your camera."
But the Colosante Clinic in Northwest Gainesville is still practicing after a raid of their office last summer...they say based on accusations that aren't true.
Martinez says the FBI were, "in the process of investigating us for fraud."
An investigation that clinic director, Dr. Ona Colosante speculates can be traced back to a clinic Colosante once owned, but sold in 2009.
Colosante explains, "Because the name was alost exactly the same, her bills and liabilities were confused with mine. So my credit was impacted because when Henry Shein or Merck Medical or Bellsouth or Clay Electric didn't get paid, they started calling me at home."
TV20 has reported just before that facility closed, owner Pat McCollough was unable to pay employees for at least a month.
Since then McCollough has filed for bankruptcy and her Hawthorne clinic.
Despite the uncertainty and risk or malpractice because of the missing records, many staff and patients have remained by Colosante's side.
Colosante says after a two year investigation she wants some answers--- and her charts back.
- 4 Years Later, Still No Answers
- FBI RAIDS OLASANTE CLINIC
- Gainesville Little One's Event Celebrates 35 Years of Giving
- One Year Later, Still No Answers
- Williston Non Profit Service Dog Organization Still Operational After Losing VA Contract
- Search for Omar Gibson Continues One Year Later
- One year after attack, "DJ Raffy" still dancing
- After 62 Years of Uncertainty Korean War Veterans Gets Homecoming
- Shooting at Gainesville Apartment Complex Lands One Man Behind Bars
- Fire Destroys Holiday Plans for one Gainesville Family