Operation Clean Sweep Busts Wrong Man
Published August 3rd, 2012
LEVY COUNTY- It ended with more than 18 arrests representing a combined total of more than 80 drug charges.
Despite this case of mistaken identity, the Levy County Drug Task force deputies aren’t done with what they’re calling a war on drugs.
Lt. Scott Tummond of the Levy County Sheriff’s Office says, "This is a continued war on drugs,that Levy County has waged on the people that wish to sell drugs in our community.”
With ages ranging from 50 to 22, 18 unsuspecting people were arrested throughout Thursday as part of Levy County’s most recent fight against narcotics.
Sydney Frasier was also arrested Thursday after an unexpected knock at his door
"It was a Boom boom boom boom," Frasier said. "So I’m, you know, like somebody have to be a fool to come knocking on my door like that, unless it’s like some friend or something like that.”
Frasier opened the door to members of the Drug Task Force... not exactly a friendly visit.
They were looking to arrest Sydney’s brother, Keith Frasier, on a warrant for possession of cocaine with intent to sell.
After coming outside for questioning Sydney says he realized they had the wrong guy.
“Im in my underwear and Tshirt, so I come out," Frasier said. "The guy says, 'Keith Fraser.' I say, 'No I’m not Keith, Keith is not here,'" say Frasier.
The authorities say that’s not what happened.
“Sydney fraser didn’t raise any alarms," Tummond said. "I was with him for maybe three or four minutes, and he never once mentioned to me that he was not Keith Frasier.”
An account that Frasier contests.
- Six People Arrested In Levy County Drug Bust
- Marion County deputies bust drug trafficking operation
- Marion County Man Arrested on Multiple Charges of Child Pornography
- Bradford County Sheriff's Office Arrests 10 In "Operation Spring Cleaning"
- Cops Conduct Neighborhood Drug Bust In Levy County
- Marion County Residents Clean Up Fatal Crash Site
- 23 arrested in Putnam County drug operation
- Levy County Sheriff's Office Cracks Down on Career Criminals
- Levy County Cutting Back Wildfire Risks
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office