Silver Springs to get Spruced Up
MARION COUNTY- Tourists from around the world travel to Ocala to visit Silver Springs.
But now many of the hotels and restaurants surrounding the park are falling apart.
Marion County leaders say they now intend on bringing it back.
The county has listed it as part of the Community Reinvestment Act, allowing future investment taxes to go directly to improving the area.
Several of the hotels shops and restaurants have fallen into disrepair over the last couple of decades, and that county leaders say, is holding the area back from being a top-notch touristic destination.
"What we hope to do in the next 10 to 15 years is attract about $150 million in additional investments," Marion County Economic Development Manager, Rick Michael told TV20.
Marion County is hosting two town hall meetings to find out what the public would like to see done to the Silver Springs area.
The first public meeting will be held Aug. 9. The second will be Aug. 30. Both take place at 6 p.m. in the Marion County Growth Management Training Room, located at 2710 E. Silver Springs Blvd. in Ocala
- County Take Over of Silver Springs
- Silver Springs- County's Vision.
- Marion County Citizens Fight to Get "Amendment 11" Passed
- One Marion County School May Get A New Look
- Marion County Inmates Get Improved Health Care
- Marion County Schools get Top Ranking
- Marion County Gets Ready for Isaac
- Citizens Gather to Hear About Silver Springs Tranistion Plan
- The Ocala Marion County Veterans Memorial Park
- Silver Springs Man netted in internet sex sting