Three Arrested for Counterfeiting Dollar Bills
GAINESVILLE- Three people were stopped last night for breaking a traffic law, and shortly after they found themselves behind bars. It wasn't for the traffic infraction though, it was for having 28 hundred dollars in
Justin Wildes, Paul Bedford and Jenny Pennell were all arrested on charges of being in possession of counterfeit money. Wildes, being the driver of the car, allowed police to search his car, where they found the money
in the back seat.
Police interviewed Wildes and got a search warrant for his home. There they found even more counterfeit money, and a stolen computer.
Police have added the charge of manufacturing counterfeit money to Wildes, which is another felony. Police will continue to investigate to see if the counterfeit money was used at any stores in the area.
Today, TV 20 stopped by the apartment complex that Wildes claimed to be living, and the property manager told us that she has no record of Wildes, Bedford or Pennell ever living there.
Security in the area did spot Wildes in the neighborhood just two days prior to his arrest.
- Local Businesses on the Lookout for Counterfeit Bills
- Counterfeit Bills On The Rise In Alachua County
- Ft. White Woman Arrested for Counterfeiting
- Two Arrested for Using Counterfeit Credit Cards
- Robert Gallman Arrested For Stealing Millions Of Dollars In A Ponzi Scheme
- Sequester Bill Cuts 85 Billion Dollars in Federal Spending
- Ocala Police standoff Ends with Three Arrests
- Gainesville Cops Arrest Three Men Before The Crime
- Four Arrested after Three Attempted Home Invasions
- Three Arrested for Trying to Burglarize Home Under Construction