Tow Truck Scammers
It is a complicated scam, but so far it has worked on two people in Clay County.
The scam involves a man walking into a business and asking to use their telephone.
He pretends to be a tow truck driver, and asks the store clerk to cover a bill for the business owner next door.
The entire story is bogus, however two people have handed him eighty-five dollars.
The Clay County Sheriff's office hopes someone will recognize the man in the white shirt.
It is assumed he is the mastermind behind the the scam.
If you think you know him, please contact the Clay County Sheriff's office.
- Tow truck chase
- Advantage Towing gets 10 citations for Illegal Towing
- Recruiting Homeless Scammers
- Jamaican Scammers Target Gainesville
- Cell Phone Scammer Jailed
- End of the Line for Mobile Home Scammer
- Magazine Scammers Caught Trying to Steal Pills from Disabled Woman
- Towing Companies Won't Be Suspended
- Tow Lot Owner: Arrest Unfair
- Towing Refunds