104-year-old Man Celebrates Birthday
A group of third grade students from Hidden Oak Elementary celebrated Edwin Heims' 104th birthday September 5 at Harbor Chase Assisted Living in Gainesville.
Heims was born in Illinois in 1908 and in his honor the students wore birthday hats and took turns reading books about birthdays to the seniors.
Before moving to Gainesville to be near family after his wife passed away, Heims owned a Midas Auto Service.
He says he enjoys life and feels great.
- 21-Year-Old Man Drowns At Popular Dixie County Swimming Spot
- 106-year-old Williston Man Votes
- Man arrested for sexually assaulting 3-year-old
- 15-Year-Old Student Stabbed By 11-Year-Old
- Woman Allegedly Shoves 7-Year-Old
- Dontavious Copeland Sentenced in Shooting Death of 15-year-old
- Funeral Service for 13-Year-Old Ashley Ertle
- 9-year-old boy dies in Hog Valley fire
- GPD: 6-year-old kipnapped by father
- 77-year-old woman missing from Marion County