104-year-old Man Celebrates Birthday
A group of third grade students from Hidden Oak Elementary celebrated Edwin Heims' 104th birthday September 5 at Harbor Chase Assisted Living in Gainesville.
Heims was born in Illinois in 1908 and in his honor the students wore birthday hats and took turns reading books about birthdays to the seniors.
Before moving to Gainesville to be near family after his wife passed away, Heims owned a Midas Auto Service.
He says he enjoys life and feels great.
- 106-year-old Williston Man Votes
- Dontavious Copeland Sentenced in Shooting Death of 15-year-old
- Woman Allegedly Shoves 7-Year-Old
- 68-Year-Old Man Stops Robbery
- Man Kills 4-year-old Daughter
- Alachua County Man in Jail for Taking 3-year-old Boy
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Having Sex With 11-Year-Old Girl
- Gainesville Man Accused of Having Sex With 14-Year-Old
- Pit Bulls Attack 91-Year-Old Man
- 33-Year-Old Autistic Man Locked Out By His Mom