Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
ASO: Woman Lied About Being Shot In Neck By Stranger
ALACHUA COUNTY - It sounded like a terrifying and random crime of violence.
A wounded woman telling investigators that she answered her door and was shot by a stranger.
Except, according to Alachua County Sheriff's deputies...it never happened.
Instead, deputies say Regina Pines of southwest Gainesville was in a fight with her boyfriend about 4:30 this morning when the gun they were struggling over went off.
The bullet grazed her neck, and he took off, say deputies.
Originally, police said the woman reported that she answered the door and was shot by a stranger on the other side.
But deputies say the physical evidence didn't line up with that.
"One plus one equals two and when the story you're being told doesn't add up to two, you start seeing things that do add up to two, and you pretty well know right off the bat that what you're being told is not correct," Sheriff's spokesman Art Forgey said.
Pines was taken to the hospital where she was treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Her boyfriend was arrested but has not been charged.
Deputies say there is a warrant for his arrest in Putnam County.
- Keystone Heights Man Fatally Shot by ASO Deputies
- WOMAN SHOT AT CVS
- Woman Who Shot Husband Denied Bond
- Strangers Break Into Home, Throw Mother Through Window
- Caseworkers Lie on Reports, Lose Foster Kids
- Fla. Man Lends Car To Stranger, Claims Carjacking
- School Bus Driver Grabs Student by the Neck
- Relieved of Duty Accused of Lying
- Huuda Memorial Kept Alive by Strangers
- ASO Promotion Ceremony