Camping Out on Store Roof Top
OCALA, FL. -
The two men were caught camping out on the roof of a Shoe Carnival store in Southwest Ocala.
Travis Alan Rose and John Lucas Vaughn who are both 20 years old, had a family size tent on the roof of the store.
Detectives were looking for Rose and Vaughn after getting tips that on September 18, 2012 they had allegdly stole a truck filled with $8,000 worth of patio furniture from Leisure Living.
Three days ago deputies with the Marion County Sheriff's Office discovered the empty truck in a lake north of Ocala.
Soon after detectives said someone came forward and told them where the men were staying.
"Both of them have homes they can stay in. Both of them told me they were not homeless. That they can stay and they do with their family from time to time. This was kind of their get away spot. They would just not be around family and they would have their friends over and they would be able to do whatever they wanted to do," said Detective James Deas with the Ocala Police Department.
They even had an extension cord running from the tent to the AC unit . Rose told detectives that Vaughn was the one who wanted to steal the truck and they took the furniture to Vaughns' ex-girlfriends house.
The furniture has all been recovered.
Rose has already been sentenced for charges of trespassing and for unauthorized connection to utility equipment.
He is also being charged with grand theft.
Vaughn faces two felony charges of grand theft and his bond is set at $10,000.
- Stores Stock Up On Roses
- Men Busted for Performing Sexual Acts in Adult Store
- Carnival Ships Out Of Service Longer Than Expected
- John Lewis Keynote Speaker for Get Out the Vote Rally
- Man Robs Store While Filling Out Job Application
- Summer Camp Reaches Out to Kids with Cancer
- Gatornational Fans Camping Out
- Parents Camp Out To Pick School Teacher
- Parents Camp Out to Pick Teacher
- Parents Camp Out in Union County