Developments in Suwannee Missing Woman Case
SUWANNEE COUNTY - There are new developments in the case of Kamrie Mitchell, a 24-year-old woman missing in Suwannee County.
Police and volunteers were out searching for Mitchell Thursday,
This is the first time that the public has been invited to help.
Mitchell has been missing since Aug. 25.
Her car was recovered after being submerged in water.
After multiple attempts to contact Sheriff Tony Cameron, he tells us that the woman went missing late last month.
Although the family did not report it to the Sheriff's Office until Sept. 2, nine days later.
The sheriff says the search isn't proving positive.
"Looking at the scenario in the field and where her car was left and how long it was left and those kind of thing, what comes to my mind is there could be fowl play involved," Cameron said. "I hope there is not. I hope we just find her at a friend's house."
Deputies rode horses Thursday to battle the flooding left over from the storms, making it difficult to search in some parts.
- Suwannee County Missing Woman Update
- NCF agencies search for missing woman
- Last Known Coordinates For Missing Plane Identified
- Law enforcement searching for missing Lake City woman
- Search efforts for missing Lake City woman grows
- Deputies: string of burglaries span four counties
- Missing Ocala Man with Alzheimer's Disease Found
- Marion County Sheriff's deputies search for missing family
- Human remains ID'd as body of missing Dunnellon man
- MCSO: Woman's body identified; death investigation continues in Silver Springs