Double Homicide In Marion County
MARION COUNTY - Two women are dead and another was sent to the hospital after a double homicide on Southwest 19th Avenue Road.
Neighbors told TV 20 they were shocked.
"It's just horrible, horrible, just absolutely horrifying," said Krista Gomez. "To go to this extreme and Causing grief to not just his own family but to the neighborhood."
22-year-old Azael Stevens is accused of killing his grandmother and great grandmother along with shooting a third woman early Sunday morning.
Stevens was recently released from jail but is now facing two counts of felony murder and one count of robbery.
The suspect was in the victim's car when police caught up to him and made an arrest.
A family friend, George Osorio, says he often tried to give Stevens good advice.
"I knew there was a little problem between them as far as his dad and everything," Osorio said. "I used to concern him and tell him, 'hey man that's your mother you gotta listen to your mother man.'"
Stevens is in custody at the Marion County Jail where he will soon go before a judge.
While detectives say they're confident they've got the right suspect, it's little consolation to family members and neighbors caught in the middle.
"I feel sorry for the family, any relatives that they have and I hope that the gentleman that did this gets some help of some sort and that there's justice that will be served," Gomez said.
The third woman who was shot was taken to Shands hospital and was later discharged.
Her 8-year-old son was also in the home at the time of the shooting but was not harmed.
Police do not yet have a motive for the murder.
- No Bond for Man Accused of Killing Grandmother and Great Grandmother
- Ocala double homicide victims identified
- Ocala judge named 2016 Judge Of The Year
- Gilchrist County Sheriff's deputies identify victims in double homicide
- Woman Found Dead Inside Southwest Ocala Home in what Police are Calling a Homicide
- Police investigating homicide in Ocala
- Police investigating attempted homicide in Ocala
- Marion County Jail Purchase Negotiations Delayed
- MCSO Warns of "Buckin"
- Hamilton county man arrested for double homicide