Firefighters Step Up Fire Prevention Programs
More than 350,000 house fires were reported last year around the country, injuring 13,000 and killing 2,500 people.
October is "fire prevention month," during which Marion County firefighters will visit schools to speak to students about preventing and preparing for fires.
Firefighters say they want parents to speak to their kids about what to do in the event of a fire.
- Marion County Firefighters Promoting Fire Prevention Month at Maplewood Elementary
- Brush Fire Prevention
- Fire Prevention Month Highlights Safety
- Local Student Selected for NASA Program
- Paws On Parole Program Expands
- Firefighters Extinguish Small Electrical Fire At Ocala Nursing Home
- Firefighters Extinguish Fire At Gainesville Park
- Firefighter's Pension Under Fire
- Firefighters Reminding Residents About Fire Safety
- Police Find Person of Interest in Missing Firefighter Case