The First Game at the Swamp
"Are you ready for some gator football!"
It's the first game of the gator football season and fans are going wild.
Some are here for their annual getaway and others are experiencing their very first gator game.
"I can't wait to do the wave and the chomp," said
Fans filled the streets hours before the game started. Some people had already bought their tickets.
"I bought them online," said
Others waited until saturday. Bill Akins drove from Naples, Florida in hopes of getting a better deal from someone reselling tickets.
"It's a beginning game so I was hoping their would be plenty of them," said Bill Akins.
People were selling them on craigslist and others were trying to sell them near campus. One man said he got his tickets for $20.
"You wait until right before game time and you get it for at least half price," said Austin.
People were still trying to get rid of those last tickets five minutes before kick off. I tried talking to some sellers, but none of them wanted to be on camera. Some told us it's been harder to get rid of the tickets this year because more people are selling and last year wasn't one of the strongest seasons for the gator team; with a 7 to 6 record. That's not stopping some hard core fans from cheering on their team.
"It's just great to see all the fans out here. Last year we didn't have that good of a year, but everyone is still excited," said
"I'd say come no matter what. Got to support the gators. Remember in all sorts of weather we all stick together," said Akins.
After winning their first game of the season against Bowling Green University, some fans hope this may be the beginning of a comeback
- Capital One Bowl Tickets On Sale
- Tickets Still Unsold For Sugar Bowl
- Tim Tebow's Last Game In The Swamp
- "Hire Me First Card" Could Be Ticket to Success
- Last Chance for SEC Title Game Tickets
- Former Gator Great Gives Out Sugar Bowl Tickets
- Both Gator QBs to Play vs Bowling Green
- Gators Football Focued On Bowling Green
- Fans Pack Swamp for Gator Charity Challenge
- Gainesville Porters Community Celebrates UF's First Football Game