Gainesville Church Attracts Controversy with Judgement Day Event
GAINESVILLE- Yet again, the message of one radical Christian group in Gainesville is creating international shockwaves.
A group of more than 1,000 ultra conservative Muslims gathered in protest outside the walls of the US embassy in Cairo, Egypt.
A film called, "Innocence of Muslims," sparked the embassy protest.
Dove World Outreach Center Pastor Jones did not financially support the film, but it supports the work and the US Christian Coptic Church behind it.
"We are endorsing the message as I said it is a film somewhat similar to what we are doing tonight is reveal the life of Muhammad that probably not a lot of people are familiar with."
Jones stands by the effigies on his property advertising events like International Judge Muhammad Day, and they continue attract attention.
Jones and his church are currently preparing for Judge Obama Day.
- 9/11 Memorial Service
- Radical Display in Front of Gainesville Church Causing Stir
- Reactions to Terry Jones' Role in the Ongoing Libyan Crisis
- Gainesville Little One's Event Celebrates 35 Years of Giving
- Micanopy's Small Town Charm Attracts Thousands this Weekend
- Controversial Gainesville Church Faces Mortgage Issues
- Join Ian and Crystal Scott for the 9/11 National Day of Service in Gainesville
- Memorial Day Events
- Memorial Day Events Cancelled
- Area Children Experience Christmas Early at Church Luncheon