A Man Accused of Sex Acts with Pet Donkey
"I think that's totally bizarre and wrong," said Annie Lochte.
Lochte works at Maverick Stables on Northwest 60th Avenue in Ocala. Just down the road from where Carlos Romero lives.
Romero was arrested on Monday on a warrant for cruelty to animals. He is accused of performing sex acts with this 22-month old donkey named Doodle.
"Ethically I think it's just very immoral, honestly," said Lochte.
I spoke to Romero at the Marion County Jail. He said he bought his pet donkey nearly three months ago and talked about how this all started.
"She was showing more and more interest and more and more affection," said Romero.
Detectives said back in mid August a man named Gerald James rented out a tack room at a farm to Romero and eventually caught him in a tack room on August 15, 2012.
James saw him without a shirt, his pants were down and Doodle was right in front of Romero.
"How would you describe your sexuality?"
"I am a zoosexual," said Romero.
He said the first time he performed sex acts with an animal was at the age of 14 with some cattle. Since then he's had sex with about 15 to 20 animals.
"I've had sex with horse and ponies and full size donkeys. I've been working in a lot of different farms and built a lot of different relationship with the animals," said Romero.
He said he's always been more comfortable around animals than with people.
"When an animal is comfortable with you they don't lie about being comfortable with you just to get your wallet or just to hurt you later on," said Romero.
"I might love my animals in a different ways, but that does not mean i do not love my animals," said Romero.
He told us he believes what he did is not animal cruelty and he feels his sexuality is being attacked.
Doodle is at Marion County Animal Services and appears to be in good health. County official Elaine McClain said they will file a petition for custody within the next 10 days, which may lead to the donkey being placed for adoption.
- Gainesville Man Accused of Keeping Victims in His Home as Sex Slaves
- Ocala Business Man Accused of Having Sex with Minors
- Sumter County Man Accused Of Having Sex With A Child
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Having Sex With 11-Year-Old Girl
- Gainesville Man Accused of Having Sex With 14-Year-Old
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Offering Teen,15, Cash For Sex
- Gainesville Man, 35, Accused Of Having Sex With Young Boy
- Man is Arrested, Accused of Committing Sex Crimes for 11 Years
- Levy County Sheriff Accused of "Egregious" Act
- Man Killed in Act of Self Defense