New Ocala School Board Member Proposes Corporal Punishment in Schools
Corporal punishment in schools is legal in 19 states, including Florida. But a local school board member is raising a great debate over if it should be instated in Marion County.
Newly elected school board member Carol Ely wants to allow paddling with parent's consent in schools. She believes the paddling is a more successful alternative to suspension.
Superintendent Jim Yancey addresses the legal concern of paddling children. Paddling is banned in Marion County.
- School Board Policy Changes Bring Conflict Among Board Members
- Gov. Scott Appoints 5 New Members To State Board Over Universities
- School Board Member Arrested For Lewd Behavior
- Possibility of Reinstating Corporal Punishment
- Leanetta McNealy Wins Alachua County School Board Runoff
- Union Willing To Work With Board Members
- Hinson-Rawls Resigns GHA Board
- Tea Party Members Demonstrate in Ocala
- Ocala Quadruple Homicide: Family Members Look for Justice
- Member of The Bee Gees loses battle with cancer