Ocala Man Denies Killing His Girlfriend
OCALA - Behind bars, but still maintaining his innocence, an Ocala man says he had no idea his girlfriend and mother of their young child was dead until he was told by the police.
Eighteen-year-old Shankera Smith was found shot to death inside the home she shared with Joseph Dennis Jr. Dennis is currently being held at the jail on a charge of possession of a firearm by a felon, and he is considered a "person of interest" by police detectives in Smith's slaying.
TV 20's Chris Gilmore sat down with Dennis in an exclusive Marion County jailhouse interview and reports that Dennis says he loved his girlfriend more than anything and might as well kill himself now that she's gone.
- Woman Found Dead Inside Southwest Ocala Home in what Police are Calling a Homicide
- Belleview Man Kills His Girlfriend, Shoots His Daughter
- College of Central Florida Allegedly Denies Admission to Students from Ocala School
- Marion County Man Arrested on Multiple Charges of Child Pornography
- Man Shot And Killed In His Home In Ocala
- Three Men Gunned Down in Downtown Ocala, Man Believed to be Responsible in Custody
- Gunman in Lake Butler Shooting Spree Left Behind a Note
- DNA Evidence Leads to Arrest of Suspect in Haile Rape Case
- Paddling Scheduled to Return to Marion County Elementary Schools
- Marion County Residents Clean Up Fatal Crash Site