Santa Fe College Ranked in Top Ten in the Nation
GAINESVILLE - Santa Fe College has been ranked in the top ten in the nation by The Aspen Institute, and is vying to be number one.
A distinction, but also a chance to invest in their students.
They are ranked in the top ten but if they win the grand prize, they will win a million dollars for the school.
The school celbrated today, and the celebration included talk about job creation.
Dr. Jackson Sasser, the Santa Fe President says getting students in, but then having them graduate and embark into the job sector is key, and he says this new distinction will help them land those jobs they seek.
Kyla: "Do you think this new distinction will be helpful to students when they try to get jobs?"
Dr. Sasser: "I don't think there is any doubt about it. Santa Fe's reputation is already nationally know, and this title just heightens the reputation of the college and transferability and will certainly enhance students getting jobs."
This comes at a time when job creation is the hot topic of political talk on both sides of the race for the presidential campaign.
Florida is the only state in the country with more than one prize finalist - the other school in Florida is Broward College in Ft. Lauderdale.
- Santa Fe College Named Top-10 College In The Nation
- UF Ranks Among Top Party Schools in US
- Santa Fe College Professor Goes Under Water with National Geographic
- UF Top Ten Law School For Hispanics: Magazine
- Top Ten Crash Intersections in Gainesville
- Playboy Ranks UF in Top 10 Party Schools
- Six Neighboring High Schools Rank in Newsweek's Top 1500 Public High School List
- Marion County Schools get Top Ranking
- Florida Bridges Ranked Among Best in Bridge Care
- Legislative Review Santa Fe College