Sick Teen Raises Money for Children's Miracle Network
A Melrose teen is on a mission. He wants to raise $15,000 for the Children's Miracle Network. And he's doing it all from a hospital bed.
We first introduced you to 14 year old Cristobal Serrano back in July. He battles a rare auto-immune disease and stomach condition that means he can't eat. Crist started raising money for sick children even before his diagnosis. Now five days before the annual Children's Miracle Network Telethon, he is in the hospital dealing with his illness.
As Cris is hooked up to a machine, plays and X-Box and his mom sleeps on a chair all donated by CMN, he says this is a reminder of helping kids locally.
Serrano said, "This is what you're donating for... and this is what it's going towards. It's not going toward some international fund and then going from bank to bank. It's gonna stay local you know... it's going to stay to this exact hospital."
All funds raised will go toward sick kids and their families at Shands Hospital. For more information or to donate visit http://www.shandsradiothon.org
- Children's Miracle Network Family Boot Camp
- Shands Children's Hospital Among Best in Nation
- Ferrero Foundation Hosts Event To Raise To Build Children's Hospital
- "Sweet" Fundraiser Benefits Dance Marathon & Shands Hospital for Children
- Stop Children's Cancer Holiday Traditions: A Musical Celebration
- University of Florida Police and Shands Sponsor Children's Bike Rodeo
- Death of Son, Leads to New Foundation and Future Children's Hospital
- Children's Hospital in Gainesville Makes Cents
- Stop Children's Cancer
- Noche De Gala Raises Money For Sebastian Ferrero Foundation