Three Entrepreneurs From Alachua County Named Most Successful
Published September 10th, 2012
GAINESVILLE -- North Central Florida's small business community has done something that only a handfull of other regions have managed to accomplish: having multiple entrepreneuers listed among the nation's most successful.
The list was compiled by the small business consultant Empact, and it focuses on firms that were created by entrepreneurs under the age of 30.
Twenty-nine-year-old Justin Jackrel is one of those on the list.
He started "Road Rat Motors" while still in high school, and managed to grow it into a multi-million dollar business.
The founders of the online marketing company known as 'PeerFly' and the college tutoring company known as 'Study Edge' also made the list .
As a reward, all three entrepreneurs will have the chance to go to the White House to meet President Obama in late September.
- Start-Up Horse Competition In Ocala
- Gainesville tech company helps small businesses improve marketing strategies
- Gainesville Job Fair Filled to Capacity
- Local tech startup helps other businesses with efficiency
- Waterlogged Residents Near Lake City Look for Answers
- Local tech startup uses clinical research to fight rare eye diseases
- UF Business Students Get Advice from "Soleful" Entrepreneur
- Gainesville leaders look to bring tech jobs
- Gainesville Business Owner Dies from Firework Accident
- First responders honored with meals from businesses