Three Entrepreneurs From Alachua County Named Most Successful
Published September 10th, 2012
GAINESVILLE -- North Central Florida's small business community has done something that only a handfull of other regions have managed to accomplish: having multiple entrepreneuers listed among the nation's most successful.
The list was compiled by the small business consultant Empact, and it focuses on firms that were created by entrepreneurs under the age of 30.
Twenty-nine-year-old Justin Jackrel is one of those on the list.
He started "Road Rat Motors" while still in high school, and managed to grow it into a multi-million dollar business.
The founders of the online marketing company known as 'PeerFly' and the college tutoring company known as 'Study Edge' also made the list .
As a reward, all three entrepreneurs will have the chance to go to the White House to meet President Obama in late September.
- Start-Up Horse Competition In Ocala
- Tech Tuesday: Startup Weekend 2017
- Gainesville tech company helps small businesses improve marketing strategies
- Gainesville Job Fair Filled to Capacity
- Local tech startup helps other businesses with efficiency
- Local student named one of Florida's Top Five Volunteers of the Year award.
- Waterlogged Residents Near Lake City Look for Answers
- Marion County Humane Society receives three dogs from a recently shut down meat farm in South Korea
- Local tech startup uses clinical research to fight rare eye diseases
- Tech Tuesday: LiteSwap, Inc.