USDA Visits North Central Florida
USDA Under Secretary Michael Scuse visited our region this week, touring farms that have fallen on hard times for a variety of weather-related reasons.
Between drought-like conditions...floods from the tropical storms...and sinkholes...the USDA has programs designed to help, according to state Executive Director Tim Manning.
"USDA is very concerned about what damage they've had to show the need of legislation to make the producers viable so they can farm again," he told TV20.
Farmers who have been affected by bad weather are encouraged to contact the U-S-D-A.
Here is the website: http://www.usda.gov/wps/portal/usda/usdahome?navid=DISASTER_SAFETY
- North Central Florida Dealing With Drought
- Repairing Sinkholes In Live Oak After Tropical Storm Debby
- Severe Storms Roll Through North Central Florida
- Storm Damage Reaches North Central Florida
- Sen. Bill Nelson visits North Central Florida
- Presidential Hopeful Visits North Central Florida
- Presidential Candidate Visits North Central Florida
- Former Supreme Court Justice Visits North Central Florida
- USDA Declares Largest Natural Disaster Area Due to Drought
- U.S. Sen. Bill Nelson visits troops in North Florida