Woman Found Dead Inside Southwest Ocala Home in what Police are Calling a Homicide
MARION COUNTY- The body of a woman was found in Southwest Ocala Thursday afternoon.
What started out as a suspicious death investigation, is now being called a homicide by law enforcement.
Police responded to a 911 call made at 1837 NW 19th Avenue to discover the body of 18 year old Shankera Smith.
Smith lived at the home with her boyfriend, Joseph Dennis Jr. and their 2 month old son.
Officers only found Smith when they responded to a 911 call placed by the boyfriend's father.
Family members of Smith believe Dennis Jr. somehowplayed a part in the death.
Smith's family describes her relationship with Dennis Jr. as violent, with Smith often ending up being the victim.
Smith's aunt, Ashley Griffin says that Dennis Jr. has a temper, something Smith ignored, "yeah because of love, she said all his you know temper tantrums and him just not knowing how to treat her to the side, just because she thought she loved him."
Thursday night Ocala Police arrested Joseph Dennis Jr. on charges of possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.
He remains a person of interest in the homicide.
- Ocala Man Denies Killing His Girlfriend
- Ocala Man Murdered, Body Found Inside Home
- MCSO Investigating "Suspicious Death" Inside Ocklawaha Home
- Woman Found Dead in Southwest Gainesville
- Man Found Dead Inside Olivia Newton-John's Jupiter Home
- Bradford County Woman Stabs Robber in her Home
- 'Suspicious Death' In Gilchrist County Ruled A Homicide
- Elderly Woman Found Dead in Home
- Elderly Woman Found Murdered in Her Home
- Detectives Call Ft. McCoy Human Remains Discovery a "Suspicious" Death Investgation