106-year-old Williston Man Votes
WILLISTON- Theodore Roosevelt was in office when he was born. Now at 106 years of age a Williston man will cast his vote in a presidential election for the 23rd time.
Theodore Dallas, known as "Bo," and other residents of the Williston Rehab and Nursing Center filled out their ballots Tuesday.
Bo was born in 1906 and married his 14 year old wife when he was 18... the two raised 7 children together. He remembers the sinking of the Titanic and two world wars. His passions over his long life include gospel music and fulfilling his civic duty...
Dallas said, "I've been voting ever since... glad to be a citizen of the United States. Thank God I born here... raised here."
Assistant Supervisor of Elections in Levy County Tammy Jones said, "It means a lot to them, the citizens and the residents here... that they get to vote."
The Levy County Supervisor of Elections Office helps residents fill out their ballots each election.
Bo's father lived to be 112 years old... he says his goal is to vote in the next presidential election too.
- 21-Year-Old Man Drowns At Popular Dixie County Swimming Spot
- 104-year-old Man Celebrates Birthday
- 15-Year-Old Student Stabbed By 11-Year-Old
- Woman Allegedly Shoves 7-Year-Old
- Dontavious Copeland Sentenced in Shooting Death of 15-year-old
- Funeral Service for 13-Year-Old Ashley Ertle
- 9-year-old boy dies in Hog Valley fire
- Alachua County Man in Jail for Taking 3-year-old Boy
- Gainesville Man Accused Of Having Sex With 11-Year-Old Girl
- Gainesville Man Accused of Having Sex With 14-Year-Old