2-year-old Child Drowns After Falling Into Septic Tank
Published October 18th, 2012
STARKE - Investigators in Bradford County are looking into the death of a toddler, after he apparently fell into a septic tank just feet away from his home.
The Bradford County Sheriff's Office says 2-year-old Aiden Howard was found lifeless inside his family's septic tank in Starke on Wednesday. His parents initially called 911 after thinking Howard had run away while playing outside.
But after searching nearby woods for over an hour, deputies stumbled upon a 2-foot hole in the ground, just feet away from the family's home. The hole was in a cement covering over the home's septic tank.
After probing the tank later that day, Howard's body was found inside. The medical examiner says he died after drowning. No word yet on whether or not charges will be filed. Investigators are still trying to figure out how and why the hole was there in the first place.
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- 1-Year-Old Girl Drowns in Family's Swimming Pool
- 18-Year-Old Suspect is Tased, Arrested After Attacking Police
- 18-year-old Dies After Shooting at Ex-Girlfriend and Officers
- Alachua County Man in Jail for Taking 3-year-old Boy
- Septic Tanks Becoming Obsolete?
- 6 Year Old Boy Almost Drowned at City Pool
- Investigators Search for a Missing 16-year-old
- 13-year-old Gainesville Boy Sends Care Packages to Navy Seals
- Bullied 12-year-old Girl Commits Suicide