Cone Park Playground Problems
GAINESVILLE--Fred Cone Park is known for the renovation it underwent earlier this year, but to some eastside Gainesville parents, the park may not be the right place to take children.
A parent complained to Mayor Lowe of encountering trash, metal and even contraceptive items near the kid's play area.
The Director for Gainesville's Parks, Recreation and Cultural Affairs says this past weekend there were several events that took place in the park and that may have caused the trash to pile up.
"And what had happened was that they had not done a very good job of cleaning up the playground area and the park itself. So we've contacted our contractor, they've been made aware that they are not doing the job they are supposed to do."
The city will be working with the Gainesville Police Department to increase after hour patrols.
- Park Safety In Gainesville Eastside Park
- Recreation and Parks Month
- GPD Increases Patrol
- GPD Mounted Patrol Training
- Neighborhoods Around UF Experiencing Parking Problems
- City Still Having Problem Collecting Parking Fines
- Parking Lot Problems at Santa Fe
- Game Day Parking Problems
- Anti-Butt Program Hopes To Keep Gainesville Streets Clean
- Senior Recreation Center