Dontavious Copeland Sentenced in Shooting Death of 15-year-old
Earlier this month an Alachua County jury found Dontavious Copeland guilty of first-degree murder in the shooting death of 15-year-old Jearicka Mack.
Mack was shot last year outside a birthday party at the Lion's Club in Gainesville. The Gainesville Police Department said Mack was an innocent bystander outside the club after the party ended when fights broke out between rival gangs.
Copeland has been sentenced to spend at least the next 25 years behind bars.
- 15-Year-Old Student Stabbed By 11-Year-Old
- 15-year-old injured in Gainesville shooting
- Officers and Deputies involved in shooting death of 16-year-old identified
- 15-Year-Old Dies at Bubba Raceway- Too Young to Be on Track?
- Report: 15-Year-Old Race Car Driver Broke Neck, Suffered Severe Head Trauma
- A Special Wish Granted To 15-year-old Boy Brings Him To Disadvantaged Primates
- 15-year-old Gets Underground Tattoo
- Report: Mom finds man having sex with 15-year-old son
- 10-year-old boy charged in 2-year-old cousin's death
- 21-Year-Old Man Drowns At Popular Dixie County Swimming Spot