Dontavious Copeland Sentenced in Shooting Death of 15-year-old
Earlier this month an Alachua County jury found Dontavious Copeland guilty of first-degree murder in the shooting death of 15-year-old Jearicka Mack.
Mack was shot last year outside a birthday party at the Lion's Club in Gainesville. The Gainesville Police Department said Mack was an innocent bystander outside the club after the party ended when fights broke out between rival gangs.
Copeland has been sentenced to spend at least the next 25 years behind bars.
- A Special Wish Granted To 15-year-old Boy Brings Him To Disadvantaged Primates
- 15-year-old Gets Underground Tattoo
- 104-year-old Man Celebrates Birthday
- 106-year-old Williston Man Votes
- Death of 3-Year-Old Leads to Questions Parents Need to Ask
- 50-Year-Old Dunnellon Grandmother Found Shot To Death In Her Driveway
- Family of 20 Year Old Sentenced to Death Speaks Out
- 18-year-old Dies After Shooting at Ex-Girlfriend and Officers
- Caught on Camera: 71-year-old Shoots at Robbers
- 3-Year-Old Girl Swallows 37 Magnets