Dontavious Copeland Sentenced in Shooting Death of 15-year-old
Earlier this month an Alachua County jury found Dontavious Copeland guilty of first-degree murder in the shooting death of 15-year-old Jearicka Mack.
Mack was shot last year outside a birthday party at the Lion's Club in Gainesville. The Gainesville Police Department said Mack was an innocent bystander outside the club after the party ended when fights broke out between rival gangs.
Copeland has been sentenced to spend at least the next 25 years behind bars.
- 15-Year-Old Student Stabbed By 11-Year-Old
- A Special Wish Granted To 15-year-old Boy Brings Him To Disadvantaged Primates
- 15-Year-Old Dies at Bubba Raceway- Too Young to Be on Track?
- 15-year-old Gets Underground Tattoo
- Report: 15-Year-Old Race Car Driver Broke Neck, Suffered Severe Head Trauma
- 21-Year-Old Man Drowns At Popular Dixie County Swimming Spot
- Woman Allegedly Shoves 7-Year-Old
- 106-year-old Williston Man Votes
- 104-year-old Man Celebrates Birthday
- Death of 3-Year-Old Leads to Questions Parents Need to Ask