Friends and Family Remember the Life of Christian Aguilar
Published October 16th, 2012
GAINESVILLE - It was an emotional evening for the family of University of Florida student Christian Aguilar, as they attended a special mass held in honor of their slain son.
More than a 100 came out to Saint Augustine's Church Monday night to celebrate the life of Christian, who went missing last month after spending time with a friend, Pedro Bravo. Bravo is now charged with murder, and is being held in the Alachua County jail.
Friends and family of the murdered 18-year-old came together to thank the Gainesville community for their help in the search. Christian's body was found by hunters over in Levy county on Friday, and was positively identified using dental records.
Christian's father says although they will never see their son alive again, just finding his body was a miracle.
University of Florida president Bernie Machen also attended Monday's service. The Aguilar family will now travel back to Miami as funeral arrangements are made for their son.
- Possible Closure For The Aguilar Family
- Missing UF Student's Family, Not Giving Up
- Aguilar Family Preparing For The Worst...
- Remembering Christian Aguilar, One Year Since UF Student Murder
- Aguilar Family Believes Son's Remains Have Been Found
- Christian Aguilar App Launched One Year After His Murder
- Family And Friends Remember Marine Officer
- Police Find New Evidence On Aguilar's Case
- Family of Inglis Man Killed After Jumping From Moving Car Remembers His Life
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit