Gainesville Man Charged With Smuggling Dinosaur Fossils Released on Bail
A judge has released Eric Prokopi, who is charged with smuggling dinosaur fossils into the United States.
The Prosecution argued for tougher bail conditions, saying that Prokopi could flee because he has access to dinosaur parts that could be sold for over half a million dollars.
The prosecutor wanted the bail raised to a million dollars.
After hearing the arguments, Judge Henry Pitman raised the bail to $250,000, but lifted a requirement that Prokopi be confined to his gainesville home.
- Local Man Pleads Guilty to Dino Smuggling
- Gainesville Fossil Trader is Arrested and Charged
- Gainesville Man Charged With Sexual Battery of 14 Year Old Girl
- Smuggled Dinosaur Skeleton Returned to Mongolian Government
- Gainesville Woman Facing Child Neglect Charges
- Man Charged in Beating of Gay Man
- Gainesville Man Stabbed In The Back
- Man Threatened In Southwest Gainesville
- Gainesville Man Behind Bars After Stabbing a Woman
- Gainesville Man Behind Bars for Stabbing Woman