Gainesville Man Charged With Smuggling Dinosaur Fossils Released on Bail
A judge has released Eric Prokopi, who is charged with smuggling dinosaur fossils into the United States.
The Prosecution argued for tougher bail conditions, saying that Prokopi could flee because he has access to dinosaur parts that could be sold for over half a million dollars.
The prosecutor wanted the bail raised to a million dollars.
After hearing the arguments, Judge Henry Pitman raised the bail to $250,000, but lifted a requirement that Prokopi be confined to his gainesville home.
- Local Man Pleads Guilty to Dino Smuggling
- Gainesville Fossil Trader is Arrested and Charged
- Former Gainesville fossil dealer sentenced
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- Gainesville Man Arrested on Battery Charges
- Gainesville Man Faces Sexual Battery Charges
- Gainesville Man Charged With Sexual Battery of 14 Year Old Girl
- Marion County Man Charged with Sexual Battery
- Marion Man Faces Molestation Charges
- Marion County Man Charged with Possessing Child Pornography