John Lewis Keynote Speaker for Get Out the Vote Rally
GAINESVILLE - Early voting begins Saturday in Florida.
Some community leaders are turning to Georgia to help spread the word.
Civil rights leader and Georgia congressman John Lewis and local candidates are taking part in a Get Out the Vote rally.
The rally is Sunday at the Bo Diddley Plaza from 1pm to 5pm.
Lewis is the keynote speaker. Past speakers included Rev. Jesse Jackson and Al. Sharpton.
The event will also feature live music, free food and forums for local candidates.
Organizers wtih 4A's Political Action Committee say the main idea is to get people to early vote.
"With all the voter precinct changes that have been going on and the voter suppression around our country..., we want to encourage all our citizens to come out and vote early," said Diyonne McGraw, the committee's chairwoman.
Early voting is from Saturday to Nov. 3, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Voting precincts are the County Administration Building, Millhopper Library and Tower Road Library.
You must bring picture and signature identification.
- Early Voting Ended, Today's The Day To Vote
- Early Voting Gainesville
- Michelle Obama Calls UF Rally Her Biggest Event This Year
- Early Voting For Alachua County
- Early Voters In North Central Florida
- Early Voting Starts Monday March 11th
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls
- Pre-Thanksgiving Shopping; Early Bird Gets the Deals
- Local teen get's an early start in politics...
- Getting An Early Start On Their Careers