John Lewis Keynote Speaker for Get Out the Vote Rally
GAINESVILLE - Early voting begins Saturday in Florida.
Some community leaders are turning to Georgia to help spread the word.
Civil rights leader and Georgia congressman John Lewis and local candidates are taking part in a Get Out the Vote rally.
The rally is Sunday at the Bo Diddley Plaza from 1pm to 5pm.
Lewis is the keynote speaker. Past speakers included Rev. Jesse Jackson and Al. Sharpton.
The event will also feature live music, free food and forums for local candidates.
Organizers wtih 4A's Political Action Committee say the main idea is to get people to early vote.
"With all the voter precinct changes that have been going on and the voter suppression around our country..., we want to encourage all our citizens to come out and vote early," said Diyonne McGraw, the committee's chairwoman.
Early voting is from Saturday to Nov. 3, from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Voting precincts are the County Administration Building, Millhopper Library and Tower Road Library.
You must bring picture and signature identification.
- Speaker of the House candidate speaks at Yoho fundraiser
- Early Voting Ended, Today's The Day To Vote
- John Morgan Visits Gainesville to Rally Amendment Two Support
- People come out to dine out at Gainesville food truck rally
- Early voting underway in several Florida counties
- Marion County Sees More Early Votes This Election
- EARLY VOTING
- Early Vote '09 Starts Monday
- Early Voting Count Down
- Early Voting for Gainesville Mayoral Race Begins Monday March 11th