Marion County Convicted Rapist Michael Frye Sentenced to Life in Prison
MARION COUNTY, FL -- Convicted rapist Michael Frye will spend the rest of his life behind bars.
The 38-year-old was given his sentence in a Marion County courtroom Thursday.
On Aug. 22, Frye was convicted of kidnapping and three counts of sexual battery with great force.
During the trial, the 43-year-old victim told a jury that Frye abducted her and then took her to the woods to rape her.
TV 20 spoke to Fryes' father, Robert Frye.
He said while he knows his son was involved in solicitation, he does not believe he is guilty of rape.
"First off, yes he got sentenced, ok, and we will just have to appeal the trial and see what goes on, because all the facts weren't presented," Robert Frye said. " Some of the facts came back later, but the judge doesn't seem to want to listen."
Frye has asked for the dismissal of his attorney Jack Nugent.
He is set for trial in another rape case on Thursday, Oct. 11.
- Convicted Rapist Michael Frye Faces Second Trial
- Jury in Michael Bargo Trial Considers Life or Death Sentence
- Jailhouse Interview with Michael Frye
- Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Killing Stepfather
- Ocala Man Convicted of Murder, Sentenced to 22 Years in Prison
- Trial for Man Accused of Attempting to Rape, Murder Ocala Woman Begins
- Justin Soto Sentenced to Life
- Michael Bargo Takes the Stand in Trial
- Closing Arguments Finished in Michael Bargo Trial
- Man Sentenced to Life in Prison