Missing Two Year Old Found Hours Later
GAINESVILLE - Gainesville police mobilized a search for a toddler who went missing for several hours Tuesday afternoon and into evening.
The little boy is in safe hands.
Concerned neighbors were out helping in the search for missing two year old Isaiah Washington.
"I got my flashlight right here," Jerome Barton, Gainesville resident said.
Barton is hoping to find the little boy.
"The child got to be somewhere in the neighborhood, " Barton said.
Police cars, K-9 units were out trying to find the two year old who went missing around 4 o'clock Tuesday afternoon.
Isaiah's grandfather, Gregory Golden found out at work his grandson was missing.
"We're hoping he's with his mother she's somewhere, we just don't know where," Golden said.
Police say around 4:30 Tuesday, they got a call informing them a two year old was missing from his home in Northeast Gainesville.
Detectives say Isaiah's grandmother was laying down for a nap with Isaiah and when she woke up, the front door was opened and the child was missing which launched a desperate search.
"We hope to find the child alive and well and safe," Lieutenant Whitney Stout with the Gainesville Police Department said.
Around 9 Tuesday evening, police say they found the child with his mother and Isaiah was returned to his grandmother who has legal custody.
Police confirmed that the mom, 28 year old Shannon Washington took Isaiah while the grandmother was sleeping.
- Missing Coconut Creek Man's Body Found 9 Years Later
- Car of 23 yr old Missing Gainesville Man Found
- Man Found Guilty of Murder Five Years Later
- Two Years Later, Alachua County's Airboat Noise Ordinance Goes Unenforced
- 20 years later...UF Memorial for Gainesville Murders
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- Three-Year-Old Child Mauled To Death By Dog
- 2-year-old Child Drowns After Falling Into Septic Tank
- Ocala 13 Year Old Charged As Adult, Child Psychologists Weigh In
- Missing Child Found