New Gainesville Commission Districts Drawn
GAINESVILLE - Gainesville's City Commission districts are about to change.
Commissioners looked at four proposals drawn up by a citizen committee, and made a preliminary choice.
Commissioners have to address a dramatic population shift in the past ten years.
District 1 has lost roughly 30 percent of its population and District 3 has gained the same amount.
The new plan sifts the boundary west for voting precincts in Districts 1, 4 and 3.
Commissioners voted in favor of this plan, but will be open to modifications during its two formal readings.
- Candidate Still Running Even with New District Lines
- New Development in Northwest Gainesville? City Commission Plans To Vote Tonight
- New Restrictions on Game Day Parking Passes Gainesville City Commission
- Battle for Marion County Commission District 5
- Alachua County Commission District 1 Race
- Cynthia Chestnut New Chair of Alachua County Commission
- County Commission Votes To Approve New Design
- Alachua County Commission Advances Plans for New Mixed-Use Development
- Local Statehouse Representative Unveils New District Office
- Congressman Meets Constituents of New Marion County District