Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Not Your Ordinary Farm in Williston
Patricia Zerbini owns Two Tails Ranch, this is where Fraser works seven days a week.
"Just being able to interact with them is what makes me wake up every morning, said Fraser. "Knowing I get to come out here and take care of them."
"I think a lot of people truly don't understand how drastic their survival is at this point," said Zerbini.
Zerbini says the population of Asian elephants is dropping and the amount of land lost to urbanization in their country is massive.
"I think people really need to start looking to the future which would be captive breeding and preservation programs outside of their countries," Zerbini said.
"They see me and they realize 'oh this is my guy.' You do get a strong bond with those animals, especially because they are such a higher intelligence animal and they recognize you as their care taker," Fraser said.
Through tours at two tails ranch you can learn more about these endangered elephants.
- Where Does Your Christmas Tree Come From?
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Answers To Hurricane Season, Just A Click Away
- Gainesville Fossil Trader is Arrested and Charged
- Not So Free Apps
- A Great Made In America Christmas
- Chocolates Help Create a Great Made in America Christmas
- Social Security Going Paperless in March
- One Case of Equine Herpes in Ocala Showgrounds