Ocala Honor Flight I
OCALA - Its a flight to honor those who fought for our freedom.
It's 5 o'clock Thursday morning and the World War II veterans are exicted.
Some of them didn't go to sleep at all the night before.
Once the veterans got checked in and recieved their hats, it was ample time for veterans to bond with their escorts.
Army veteran Michael Peters escorted a navy veteran who served on the USS New Jersey during the war.
"I just thought we find a lot of pride and help them get around DC for the day," Peters said.
Once each veteran passed through security and boarded the plane one proud wife was overwhelmed with joy.
Janet Brown, with the Ground Crew Baltimore Honor Flight is proud to hug each veteran as they exit the plane.
"This is wonderful the gentlemen will come off the plane, and say no one ever did this for us before," Brown said.
- Ocala Honor Flight pt 2
- Ocala Honor Flight
- Honor Flight
- Duke Energy Customers to Pay More for Failed Nuclear Plant Projects
- Duke Energy Customers Will Continue to Pay for Abandoned Nuclear Plants
- Video of Beyonce's Family Fighting, Stirs Conversation About Domestic Violence
- Duke Dawson and Madison O'Leary Named Jeffrey Meldon TV20 Scholar Athlete of the Year
- Duke Energy stops insuring retirees, joining trend
- Clint Duke Signs With Santa Fe College for Baseball
- Jeffrey Meldon TV20 Scholar Athlete Duke Dawson