Road Options Reviewed for 8th Ave Gainesville
Plans to narrow part of Northwest 8th Avenue brought protests last night from some Gainesville residents.
City leaders held a public workshop to discuss various plans for the corridor.
One idea is to narrow the number of lanes from four to two adding bike lanes on both sides.
Each plan could end up costing the city anywhere from a quarter million to more than a million dollars.
When the microphone was opened for the public comment most seemed worried about the flow of traffic down the road.
Any final plans will have to be approved by the city commission during one of it's regular meetings.
- A Change at SW 8th Ave & SW 91st Street?
- Northwest 8th Ave Project Moved to Nightside Meeting
- Residents Reaction to Northwest 8th Ave Project
- Residents Weigh in on Changes to NW 8th Ave
- Trustees Review Options for Leasing Munroe Regional Medical Center
- Road Construction Between 8th & Depot Starts Today
- Changes For Northwest 8th Avenue In Gainesville... From 4-Lane to 2-Lane
- Mixed Reaction On Gainesville's NW 8th Avenue Reconstruction Project,
- Independent Group Releases Gainesville Police Review Findings
- The City of Gainesville Reviews GREC Settlement