Teen Convicted of Murder in Birthday Party Shooting
GAINESVILLE - After only 90 minutes of deliberation, an Alachua County jury convicted Dontavious Copeland of first degree murder on Friday in the death of Jearicka Mack.
Police say Copeland shot a gun at a birthday party last year. One of the bullets struck 15-year-old Mack, killing her.
The defense argued that because of the chaos in the parking lot, it was impossible to prove who fired the shot into the crowd.
- "Hiccup Girl" Convicted of Murder Seeks Retrial
- Innocent Teen Murdered in Gang Related Shooting
- Group of Teens Break into Vacant Building for Party
- Convicted Murderer Marshall Lee Gore Executed
- Convicted Spy Wants to Go Home
- Cows Crash a Party (Massachusetts)
- Man Brings Alligator to Pool Parties for Entertainment
- Crist Officially Switches Parties
- Teens in Bus Brawl Expelled
- Sick Teen Raises Money for Children's Miracle Network