Black Friday Shoppers Pack the Oaks Mall in Search of Best Deals
Published November 24th, 2012
GAINESVILLE - It was a busy day for "Black Friday" shoppers across north central Florida, although nothing as crazy as in other parts of the country.
Before the Best Buy on Archer Road opened its doors at midnight, eager shoppers waited in a line that went as far back as the Michaels' store on the other side of the plaza.
Over at the Oaks Mall, the parking lot was packed with cars Friday afternoon, as shoppers made their way inside to find all the latest deals and take advantage of the early store openings.
With the increased crowds, mall security guards were on high alert. Some were spotted riding around the parking lot on bicycles, making sure nobody attempted to break into cars.
Although Friday was one of their busiest days of the year by far, mall employees say they expect these large crowds to last all weekend.
- Shoppers Endure Long Lines, Chilly Weather to Find Best Deals on Black Friday
- Black Friday Shoppers
- Black Friday Deals
- Mall Safety the Day After Shooting at Oaks Mall
- Best Buy Scam Targeting Holiday Shoppers Through Text Message
- Shooting Outside Oaks Mall
- "Red Hatters" Gather at Oaks Mall
- Counterfeit Money At Oaks Mall
- GPD: Oaks Mall Employee Exposes Himself, Commits Lewd Acts
- Oaks Mall Robbery