Gainesville Pellet Gun Racist Arrested
Police in Gainesville have arrested a man they say was sitting in downtown Gainesville pointing a pellet gun at black people so they would not mess with them.
Michael Petersen was in Bo Diddley Plaza, pointing the silver pellet gun at cars and people while they drove by.
A witness though that the gun was real and alerted police.
When police arrived, they discovered it was not a real gun, though their report says it did resemble a real pistol.
Petersen is being charged with attempted aggravated assault and using prejudice while committing a crime.
- Pellet Gun Hits Three Students at School
- Racist rant turned apology- Gainesville High teen releases new video
- Three Men Gunned Down in Downtown Ocala, Man Believed to be Responsible in Custody
- Trayvon Martin March Downtown Gainesville
- Man Accused of Rape in Downtown Gainesville Being Held on a Five Million Dollar Bond
- Car Burglaries in Downtown Gainesville
- Homeless Population Decreasing in Downtown Gainesville
- Back In Time: Clock Tower In Downtown Gainesville
- Lights Out In Downtown Gainesville
- Holiday Ice Rink to Return to Downtown Gainesville