Gainesville Pellet Gun Racist Arrested
Police in Gainesville have arrested a man they say was sitting in downtown Gainesville pointing a pellet gun at black people so they would not mess with them.
Michael Petersen was in Bo Diddley Plaza, pointing the silver pellet gun at cars and people while they drove by.
A witness though that the gun was real and alerted police.
When police arrived, they discovered it was not a real gun, though their report says it did resemble a real pistol.
Petersen is being charged with attempted aggravated assault and using prejudice while committing a crime.
- Pellet Gun Hits Three Students at School
- Racist rant turned apology - Gainesville High teen releases new video
- Three Men Gunned Down in Downtown Ocala, Man Believed to be Responsible in Custody
- Trayvon Martin March Downtown Gainesville
- Teacher Arrested for Carrying Gun on Campus
- Man with BB Gun Tased, Arrested
- Suspect Arrested for Possession of a Gun by a Convicted Felon
- Convicted Felon Arrested for Hitting Wife with Gun, Threatening to Kill Her
- Routine Arrest Leads to Stolen Police Gun
- Man Arrested in Standoff Says He Was Just 'Popping Off the Gun'