Hairstylist Shaves Head to Support Friend With Breast Cancer
HIGH SPRINGS - A woman fighting breast cancer will likely lose her hair to chemotherapy.
Her good friend is willing to give her hair in friendly charity.
In Thursday evening's "Keep it or Lose it" fundraiser, supporters can decide whether hairstylist Christina Benck will shave her head by dropping money in donation boxes.
The fundraiser is to raise support for Benck's friend, Betty Patterson, a colleague at The Hair and Nail Depot in High Springs.
Patterson was diagnosed with breast cancer in October and faces months of chemotherapy and radiation treatment.
Supporters say they are hoping to raise at least seven months of salary for Patterson, who has worked at the salon for 16 years.
Anyone wishing to donate can bring donation to the salon, located off of Main Street in High Springs.
- High Springs 5th Grader Heads To Bible Bee
- Breast Cancer Prevention
- "Breast Cancer Awareness Month" Kicks Off
- Breast Cancer Screening Controversy
- Breast Cancer Charity Scam
- Ocala "Hair-a-thon," in Support of Boy Fighting Cancer
- School Comes Out to Support Girl With Rare Form of Cancer
- New Research On Breast Cancer
- High School Friend to Aguilar and Bravo Speaks Out
- High Springs Building Restoration On Hold