Hairstylist Shaves Head to Support Friend With Breast Cancer
HIGH SPRINGS - A woman fighting breast cancer will likely lose her hair to chemotherapy.
Her good friend is willing to give her hair in friendly charity.
In Thursday evening's "Keep it or Lose it" fundraiser, supporters can decide whether hairstylist Christina Benck will shave her head by dropping money in donation boxes.
The fundraiser is to raise support for Benck's friend, Betty Patterson, a colleague at The Hair and Nail Depot in High Springs.
Patterson was diagnosed with breast cancer in October and faces months of chemotherapy and radiation treatment.
Supporters say they are hoping to raise at least seven months of salary for Patterson, who has worked at the salon for 16 years.
Anyone wishing to donate can bring donation to the salon, located off of Main Street in High Springs.
- Marion County Officers Support Breast Cancer
- UF students plan to shave heads in fundraising attempt
- High Springs 5th Grader Heads To Bible Bee
- Breast Cancer Prevention
- Your Health: Treating Breast Cancer With New Technology
- "Bulls For Boobs" Rodeo for Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer Charity Scam
- Medical Spotlight: Breastfeeding and Breast Cancer
- Your Health: Beating Breast Cancer
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Doctors Say Mammograms Still the Best Method for Early Detection