A Halloween Look Into the Old Gilchrist County Jail
Arlene Hale bought the old Gilchrist County Jail 10 years ago, and ever since has done investigations into the paranormal activity she says is inside of it.
Her group gave us a chance to tour the jail - at night - and told us the history behind it.
The jail was in operation from 1928 until 1969 when the current jail was built, and until 1966, the inhabitants were not monitored during the night.
Each jail cell had a story, and the group showed us the tools they use to communicate with the afterlife.
The video has more on our tour, and what we found inside.
- Gilchrist County Jail Inmate Dies Two Days After Fight with Cellmate
- Alachua County Man in Jail for Taking 3-year-old Boy
- Shoppers look for costumes for Halloween.
- Meet the Field to Become the Next Gilchrist County Sheriff
- Gilchrist County Man Found Dead
- Gilchrist County Budget Shortfall
- Outsourcing Gilchrist County Business
- Gilchrist Commissioner seeks shelter in Dixie County
- Illegal Gambling In Gilchrist County
- Gilchrist County EOC Breaks Ground