Leanetta McNealy Wins Alachua County School Board Runoff
Leanetta McNealy, a former school principal, beat Barbara Sharpe in the Alachua County School Board race by a little over 50 percent of the vote.
The Alachua County Democrats were downtown at a watch party celebrating all of the Democrats who won, including McNealy.
As principal, McNealy moved her school to a fine arts magnet and says that providing an arts outlet to students will be one of her priorities in her new position.
- Alachua County School Board to Approve Weeklong Thanksgiving Break
- Changes at the Alachua County School Board
- Alachua County School Board announces dedicated early learning center
- Alachua County School Board facing nearly $3 million deficit
- Alachua County school board to finalize SRO/SRD program contract
- New Ocala School Board Member Proposes Corporal Punishment in Schools
- School Board votes to close Waldo Community School
- Early Voting For Run-Off Election
- School Board Considers Longer Thanksgiving Holiday
- School board launches "System of Care"