Local Doctor Nationally Recognized
GAINESVILLE--The medical practice of one Gainesville doctor has proven to pay off after she was honored with a prestigious national award.
Doctor Latha Ganti Stead has earned the "Dr. William Beaumont Award" by the American Medical Association.
The award acknowledges outstanding contributions as a physician, researcher and educator.
Doctor Ganti Stead says she's not doing anything different than her colleagues, she's just truly passionate about what she does.
"I come to work everyday and I love what I do because you just never know what's going to happen. The emergency department is really exciting." -Dr. Latha Ganti Stead, Chief of Clinical Research at UF
Doctor Ganti stead is a professor of emergency medicine and neurological surgery.
She is also the endowed chair for the "Toral Family Foundation of Traumatic Brain Injury."
- UF Researcher Recognized for Work
- Medical Spotlight: One Florida Clinical Research Consortium
- Local tech startup uses clinical research to fight rare eye diseases
- UF/Shands Family Medicine at Main Groundbreaking
- Make-A-Wish funds trip for local family
- Gainesville Health & Fitness recognized by Forbes
- Newberry Elementary Recognized for Unique Teaching Model
- One little boy is bringing his wish back to Gainesville
- Gainesville man charged with sexual assault
- Songs for Kids Foundation Visits Shands