Local High School Bands Make It To State Competitions
GAINESVILLE - While the playoffs are just getting underway in highschool football, bands went to the state competition at the tropicana field in St. Petersburg. Newberry High School traveled to the Tampa area for the competition again this year and they weren't alone.
Five schools in Alachua County headed to state, including Santa Fe, PK Yonge, Bucholz an Gainesville High. Newberry woodwind captain Rhiannon Boyer says the state competition brings on mixed emotions.
"For me it's going to be emotional because it's my last year doing it. My freshman year was the first year we made it to state and as a senior we're hoping to make it to the finals this year, and it's my last chance to do it," Boyer says.
The competition ended today and the results will be released tomorrow.
- Celebrating Education: Newberry High School's Environmental Girls Make Global Impact
- Mock Car Crashes at Local High School Makes Teens Emotional
- 20th Annual Bed Making Competition
- Gainesville Elementary School Makes a Learning Opportunity of the Presidential Election
- A Drug Known as"Molly" is Makes it's Way to Gainesville
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls
- Buchholz High Grads are Finalists in Online Competition
- Gainesville High School: Only National Honor Society Cords will be allowed at Graduation
- Threat Made to Gainesville High School
- Bomb Threat at Gainesville High School